Swamp is Waiting, Patiently

Mix heat, water, and salt. Stir.  Once salt is dissolved, lower heat.  Allow mulling. When soft green peaks form, add thunder and pinch of lightening. Fold in paw, beak, and fin. When dark roux stage is reached, allow eons to pass. If concrete and shingle rise to surface, skim, deglaze, and allow to cool. When green peaks again form, resume heating. Simmer until desired consistency. Top with frangipani and coconut. Best served in panhandles and peninsulas.

-Oldgirl


Comments

  1. Ha! It's a delightful little cooking show where something is a blast to watch being made, but I have absolutely no desire to eat it! Heat and humidity are as unwelcome to me as they are to the contents of my library. Even up here in Eastern Pennsylvania I have the AC on from at least late March through at least much of October.

    Hey! Come back and sign the piece! The world wants to know who to applaud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, thank you! I miss northern climes very much. I cannot imagine living down here much longer. especially in Fall, my favorite season. <3

      Delete
  2. This is the result when I try to cook! Nice work, OG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaaa! Swamp soup, yuck! <3
      I am hardly cooking at all these days. Just me, for the first time ever.

      Delete

Post a Comment