A Calling Card of s Sort.

   There are consummate writers, and there is me.  I am not trained in the finer, correct points of writing.  My eduction is of public school caliber, which I no longer recall.  I consider myself a “poet” but, not of the scholarly/literary caliber.  But, my mentor, nudger, reminder, inspirer on this journey encourages me regardless.
    I was discouraged to be part of such an illustrious collection of fellow writers, and with tail between legs, suggested I be let go.  Negative, mentor said.  So here I put this out there.  Challenge accepted. Content to come that is from the heart, and hopefully will surpass my recent “best of my abilities.”
    I thought my topic “music” would be easier for me since it is in my top three of favorite things in my life.  But conveying aspects of music was proving daunting, to be honest.  I am a work in progress in the writing arena, so bear with me.
     I have genuine ideas up my sleeve, encouragement and much patience and kindness from my Mentor.  So, look for heartened attempts to run easy with my buddies, leave my discouragement out in the yard; and grow, learn, improve.
     Join me on my journey from crayon, to pencil, to pen, and then hopefully word-processor.

Comments

  1. hey you! Glad you're sticking with it. I have no idea how I ended up in this illustrious collection, either! Let's enjoy the experience, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're staying with it, and am looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with the space. I'm still struggling with giving myself the time to do a second draft, as most of my pieces are still just a barely cleaned-up first draft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way every week, like I don't belong. I'm glad you're saying with it, too. Garbo is a great mentor and teacher by example. I really never feel worthy but I also know that when I give into that emotion I usually loss out on something good, so I'm sticking with it, too. I have really enjoyed the pieces where you talked about you and your Dad's love of music.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment