Old European Postcards: Part Two--Bryan F.





This is the second of my antique European postcards. A few had writing and postmarks on the back that I included. I may be a bit of a voyeur, but I enjoy reading them and imagining what their lives at that moment might have been like. I like looking for the period penmanship and the instruments used for writing such as fountain pens that are easy to spot. 

For myself, I don't have a strong urge to travel to other countries. It makes me very anxious. The few times I've been to Mexico was not pleasant for me. In my older age, I don't even have a strong urge to travel domestically. There are a few places I'd go though, if I had the funds to do it well, such as New York, San Francisco, again and New England in the fall.  I have zero interest in the South, the Midwest, or Texas. 

Hope you enjoy the installment of my postcard blogs. 

The above postcard is described on the back as Alpabfahrt - Cow festival -Descente des vaches



Geneve - L'Horloge Fluerie





Lucerne, Lion's Monument





LE SALEVE (alt, : 1380 m.) Hte-Savole
1598 - Panorama sur Geneve
le Lac Leman et le Jura




Grindelwald, Bachsee
Wefferhorn - Schredchorn - Finsferraarhorn 





Old Swiss House Luzern Switzerland




Old Swiss House, Luzern, Switzerland
Grillroom, Bar, Boulevard-Cafe, Tel. 041/64093











The Tower and Tower Bridge















One-hundred and twelve-year-old postcard.
Notice date in the lower left-hand corner.





St. Paul's Cathedral, London



Trafalgar Square and Nelson's Column, London





Admiralty Arch and the Mall, LONDON



Statue of Eros and Piccadilly Circus, London











Euromast/ Rotterdam/Holland/119 m/392 ft.




AMSTERDAM
Flowermarket Singal




AMSTERDAM
National Gallery




AMSTERDAM 
Dam with Royal Palace and National Monument






AMSTERDAM
Prins Hendrikkads










Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
Rembrandt Van Rijn (1606-1669)
De Nachtwacht (The Nightwatch)





Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
Rembrandt Van Rijn (1606-1669)
De Staalmeesters
(The Master of the Cloth-Guild)

Comments