Florida, Oddly Enough



A neighbor's charming garden patch spied through the foliage on my walks. I find this statue to be cheer inducing.

A few weeks ago none of us had any idea how much the world was going to change. As things unfold day by day, we are adapting to new realities, some very uncomfortable, others enlightening as we wonder what's around the bend and where these changes will lead us. In the past, I might have gone full-in hypochondriac over this pandemic. But, more than fear of this virus, I feel awe and amazement in watching this transformation of society. Just watching... So far I am able to look at it from a distance, though that could change any day.

Local laundromat, taqueria across the street. Still open!

I do hope you are well, safe, reasonably happy. It would be wonderful if you are also finding amusement and being productive in some meaningful way (to you) during this time, that you're taking care of yourself and your loved ones, maybe even better than before because you finally have the time to. 

I never get tired of the signage for The Everglades Wonder Gardens, very 1930's and currently closed due to the virus.
Living in a warm climate I am enjoying more time outdoors. So I thought I'd take you on a little field trip to a Floridian 55 and over mobile home community on the Gulf Coast. 


I don't know why I think she's a girl...and I watched her eat a fish last night. Turtles were after the fish, too.

Stay well, try to relax, think big thoughts, explore what you can with what you have, and enjoy this break from the soul-crushing rat race life has become...all things work in mysterious ways.


A short golf cart ride from the pool to home.

~Oldgirl


Comments